Monday, April 14, 2008

Loving others

I am struggling with loving others, even when they talk about me to others behind my back and struggling with giving to causes that I do not totally believe in their ability to manage their resources properly. Therefore, I have included the following text that indicates that I should pray for my enemies and give to anyone who asks. If I can put these things into practice I will be blessed.

Today, I will pray for my enemies, give to anyone who asks, and treat others as I would like to be treated.

The amount that I give will be given back, so I should be generous if I want God to be generous to me.

I am identified by the fruit I produce. The things that I say are a result of my heart.


Love for Enemies

27 “But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.[c]”


43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

No comments: